Double Eyelid Surgery (Upper Blepharoplasty)
- Creates a defined double eyelid crease and opens up the eyes
- Improves puffy eyelids
- Often combined with an eye lift and / or epicanthoplasty to open up
- Performed under local anaesthesia with light sedation
- Incisions are placed along the upper eyelid creases
- 1-2 hour procedure, 1 week downtime, 3-6 months to appreciate the final results
The creation of double eyelids, or upper blepharoplasty, is by far the commonest plastic surgery procedure among Asians. Many Asians do not have double eyelid creases. This results in upper eyelids that are bulging and taut from the eyebrow to the eyelashes.
The presence of an upper eyelid crease, or double eyelid, helps to uncover a portion of the natural eye contour. This makes the eyes appear slightly bigger, rounder and exposes more of the eyelashes. It also helps to make the eyelids more amenable to makeup.
*Note: these are photos of two different person and they are for illustration purposes only
Double eyelids with upper blepharoplasty
Sagging upper eyelids, which are signs of aging, can be corrected by removal of excess skin from the upper eyelids (sometimes requiring the removal of some fat). In some cases, a browlift performed at the same time can give an even better result.